Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mom's room almost complete!

Mom's room is almost complete.  I took a few hours Saturday with the help of Caitlin to complete some of the finishes.  I completed the molding around the floor and fixed the window ac unit opening.  We also changed out the light fixture, good thing Caitlin is tall.  I have never installed a light fixture, but I found it quite easy.  ( sorry forgot to take a light picture- I will next time)  We had purchased a simple book shelf to hold some of mom's favorite books.  We also placed a few of the pictures in the room.  I have some other ideas and personal touches I want to add to the room- but my main goal was to finish the painting and finish work.  The pretty touches can come later.  Mom also needs to find a comfortable chair.

Here are a few pictures!
I hung this picture even though I did not have everything I wanted to go on this wall.  I have some family photos that I plan to hang around it. ( Sorry for the glare on the picture)
I loved this picture- Mom may have not picked it but she let me  be the one to choose the pictures.
Hope, believe, love, laugh

I plan to use the W on the shelf and the little dog planter somewhere in the  room.

Thanks for reading,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment